You can’t move forward unless you know what direction you are going in. Setting a goal is like looking at a compass, it gives you direction.
Why Should We Set Goals?
Goals are like statements in which we identify a plan and try and accomplish it in given period. Setting a realistic goal helps us provide direction and vision, it helps to avoid chaos and confusion and gives us something to look forward to, which then enables our motivation.
A Simple Goal Setting Formula
There is a very simple formula that you can use to help you set your goals. Its called the S.C.O.R.E. formula and this is how it works:
S = Specific: Be specific about your goal, for example:
- Time frame
C = Categories: Identify an area of your life for which you want to set a goal:
- Weight loss
O = Outcome: Think about what outcome you expect (Again be realistic)
- Desired outcome
- How will i look when its completed
R = Review: In life there will be unexpected events etc, therefore you may need to make time to revise and review your goals.
- Decide how often to review or revise your goals; weekly, monthly, yearly
- Add and / or delete goals if necessary
- Always review your goals for your own motivation!
E = Engage: Start small and move with baby steps.
- Keep your goals short and don’t try and achieve many goals at once.
- Pick a goal, set it and move towards it.
Try and set one goal for yourself today.
Like me on Facebook and get daily motivation:)
- Fitness Motivation – Don’t Just Dream About Success (voxifit.wordpress.com)
- Fitness Motivation Tip – Nothing Is Impossible (voxifit.wordpress.com)
- Fitness Motivation Tip – Never Give Up (voxifit.wordpress.com)