Most people in search of weight loss end up skipping breakfast. However this practice is more likely to cause weight gain than weight loss. Skipping breakfast has been clearly connected to the development of obesity.
Studies show that overweight and obese children, adolescents, and adults are less likely to break the fast each morning than their thinner counterparts.
According to research, skipping meals, specifically breakfast, could in fact make fat loss more difficult. Breakfast skippers are more likely to eat more food than usual at the next meal or snack on high-calorie food items to stave off hunger.
A number of research studies suggest that people tend to accumulate far more body fat when they eat fewer larger meals than when they eat the same number of calories in smaller sized more frequent meals.
So, make sure to eat a health breakfast every morning.
Here are some sites you can check out for awesome healthy breakfast ideas:
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes from Taste.com
- 10 Healthy Breakfast Recipes from WomanHealthMag.com
- 27 Ideas for a Healthier Breakfast from Readers Digest Health
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes to Beat Diet Boredom from Fitnessmagazine.com
- Why Breakfast Is Key to Weight Loss (everydayhealth.com)
- Why Skipping Meals Undermines Weight Loss (everydayhealth.com)
- Eat More,loss More! (kamify.wordpress.com)
- A protein packed breakfast can make you leaner and smarter (barbellnation.wordpress.com)