In today’s voxifit HIIT workout, i introduce you to the Hindu Squat and Swing Lunges. When done properly they can really raise your heart rate and give you a mean burn in your legs. Today’s workout of course is a FULL body bodyweight workout, but remember you need to hit these workouts hard! Give it all you’ve got. PUSH IT!!:).
As always i suggest you use a interval timer. Check out the gymboss or you can download interval timers for your smart phone. Check out the download links below:
Apple FREE Interval Timer App:
Android FREE Interval Timer App:
Always do a proper warm up before doing any HIIT training. Do the following:
- Prisoner Bodyweight Squats 10 Reps
- Pushups 10 Reps
- Alt Lunges 10 Reps
- Planks 30 sec
- Light Jog for 30 sec
- REST 30 sec
- Repeat 1 more time for a total of 2 sets
After your warm up set your timer to 16 rounds of 50/50. You will do as many reps as possible within the given time. Do not rest between exercises. You will only rest at the end of the circuit for 50 seconds. Repeat the full circuit 4 times.
See Vids below for Hindu Squats and Swing Lunges.
- Jumping Jacks 50 Sec
- Hindu Squats 50 Sec
- Decline Pushups 50 Sec
- Swing Lunges Left Leg 50 Sec
- Swing Lunges Right Leg 50 Sec
- Wide Grip Pushups 50 Sec
- V-Ups 50 Sec
- REST 50 Sec
- Repeat the full circuit 3 more times for a total of 4 sets.
- voxifit HIIT Bodyweight Workout 001 (voxifit.wordpress.com)
- Tips To Make Bodyweight Exercises Harder (voxifit.wordpress.com)