The new year is just around the corner and that means new years resolutions. The 3 new years resolutions i hear all the time are:
- I am going to start a diet
- I am going to start exercising
- I am going to stop smoking
Now, out those 3 which one is achieved? ….NONE!. Do you agree or not?
Honestly it amazes me at how people “wait” for the right time to start a fitness program. It’s been said that as long as we are looking for an excuse we will always find one. In my experience, most people understand that starting a fitness program is something they should do, however there always seems to be something getting in their way.
Here are the top 4 reasons for not working out, that i hear all of the time, and my replies when i hear them:
- Gym is expensive – My reply “It costs nothing to workout at home”.
- I’m too tired – My reply “Exercise is proven to boost energy levels and attitude”
- It’s boring – My reply “Well its a fact that if you don’t enjoy something you won’t stick with it. There are plenty of other activities you could do. Take up dancing, zumba, basketball, cycling etc.”
- I am too busy – My Reply ” Well it comes down to your goals and priorities. If you really really want to be fit and healthy then it has to become a priority. Only if you really want it will you make the time and effort. Schedule a workout time in your calendar and plan your days. Step out of your comfit zone and make it work for you”
If we are looking for excuses we will find them. Always. Stop looking for excuses and go get fit.
What ever new years resolution you have, start doing it today. Do it for yourself:)
Like me on Facebook and get daily motivation…
- While Thinking Of New Year Resolutions (sunnysodday.wordpress.com)
- 3 Financial New Year’s Resolutions to Make for 2013 (askthemoneycoach.com)
- Year Ending Diary: Resolutions I Broke (chaoticsoulzzz.wordpress.com)
- The Case Against New Year Resolutions (thediscourseofnow.wordpress.com)